Si vous voulez connaitre l'histoire de cette chapelle, rendez-vous sur cette page
Until the day when the Breton leader, Rivallon Murmaczon decided to throw an attack against the Danish pirate Korsolde.According to the legend of Albert-Le-Grand, before throwing(launching) the assault, he asked the Almighty Virgo, so that this one assures him his protection during the battle. He promised to him to build a sanctuary in the place of the tent of the Danish leader, if he went out victorious of this fight. The fight was bloody, several thousand Danes were killed.
In the year 513, Murmaczon put the first stone of the small chapel: it is then that the Bretons baptized the Island: Enez-Itron-Varia-ar Galloud (Our Lady of Any Power).
Since this time, the chapel constitutes a place of pilgrimage. In the XVIIth century, morlaisiens privateers greeted it just like that of cannon, when they left the port to attack the English ships. During the revolution, it was damaged and transformed into military post. Between 1801 and 1808, at request of the vice-chancellor Mr Nédellec and of the Mayor, the chapel was restored.
The island Callot is a granitic set which the exploitation was massive in the XVIIth century. The hospital, the factory of Tobaccos of Morlaix, a part(party) of the Viaduct and the numerous buildings of the region were built with some granite of Callot.
Bonne fin de semaine
Morlaix, mes racines
L'église Saint Yves de Plougonven
Les Oies de Morlaix
Le Château du Taureau
Chapelle Notre Dame de Callot
Retour vers le Plan du Blog Retour vers la rubrique Tour de France